35: Taco! Taco! Taco! with Sara Haas, RDN
If recipes like Creamy Avocado Sauce Chicken Tacos, Apricot Maple Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Pickled Pineapple, and Mexican Grilled Corn Tacos sound good to you, today’s show if for you. My guest is chef and registered dietitian, Sara Haas, RDN, and she joins me with tips and recipes for making fast, healthy, and delicious tacos for you and your family. We've got a taco for everyone. And if you're like me and LOVE S'mores, wait till you hear about Sara's S'mores Tacos.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What is a taco?
- Does a taco have to be in a taco shell?
- Corn tortillas, flour tortillas, soft and crunchy tortillas...so many varieties
- Sara shares a whole wheat tortilla recipe in her new book, Tacos, Tacos, Tacos!
- Should you use store-bought taco seasoning, or make your own?
- Sara shares an easy taco seasoning recipe.
- Tips for preparing and cooking fish for tacos
- Healthy tacos can also be very flavorful and delicious!
- Combinations of cuisines are included in Sarah’s taco recipes.
- Liz describes a Mexican, grilled fresh corn taco recipe on p. 148 of Sara’s book and shared on the blog!
- Flat-bottomed tacos make filling shells easy.
- Sara shares how to make S’mores tacos and gives tips for making the shells.
- Allow your kids to “build” food and experiment in the kitchen.
- Sara shares all about Kids in the Kitchen
- Follow the #kidsinthekitchen on social media to see what people are posting.
- Sara shares an awesome, yogurt-based sauce recipe.
Enter for a chance to win a copy of Taco! Taco! Taco! Over 100 Recipes for Everybody on Liz’s Healthy Table website. This giveaway is U.S. only please. Post a comment at the end of the Show Notes and tell me about YOUR favorite taco recipe and/or why you would love to win this book. Giveaway ends September 5th, 2018 at noon EST. Good luck!
Find Sarah on the Web:
#Kids in the kitchen on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
Liz’s Healthy Table Blog
The Parents On Demand Network