EP38: Giving up control for the sake of building relationships
This week we are deconstructing our episode with Enid Viana from last week. If you haven't listened, go back and download Episode 37. As a refresher, Enid is raising three children, two businesses and in the process of divorcing her husband. She was honest about her struggles and how she "does it all" with help. This week we will discuss our highs and lows, how we handle our anxiety and that of our children, and keeping relationships with family members strong (even if we don't see eye to eye on everything).
Listen as Liz & Kate discuss:
- The joy of kids demolishing their dinner and asking for more.
- Odd things triggering emotions that you thought were dealt with long ago.
- Working through our “stuff” and trying to explain our actions and reactions to our kids in a way that is approachable.
- Nurturing relationships and memories with grandparents when a life choice might get in the way.
- Motivating kids to do the hard thing, visiting an ailing relative even when it feels like a chore.
- “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” - letting go of the small things.
- The more people who love and influence our kids, the better off they will be.
- Developmental shifts, how kids handle anxiety and stress.
- Trying new things as family to gives kids the confidence to try things for themselves.
- Our realm of experience is so huge in comparison to theirs, no wonder they have questions.
- Experiences and play are how our kids learn!
- It’s pretty cool to see the world through the lense of our kids experience.This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page:
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices